2019 Airport Development Projects
The Albany County Airport Authority is in the process of inititiating or completing several important projects during 2019, each of which will help to sustain and improve the Airport.
- Construction is underway on a new, five-story 1,000 car parking garage. Construction is scheduled to be completed in March of 2020
- New solar panels will be installed over a portion of Long Term Parking to reduce the Airport's energy costs and provide cover for vehicles
- New York State is currently constructing a new Airport Exit 4 off I-87.
- New concessions are coming to Albany International Airport. In addition to the recently opened Chick-fil-A and The Albany Empire Deli, Burger King and Wolfgang Puck Pizza will open this summer
- New escalators are now operational in the ticketing area.
- The terminal will see major renovations over the next year with new lighting, a remodeled food court and improved passenger amenities.
- Energy efficient taxiway lighting is being installed along the Airport's main taxiways
- Several of our passenger jet-bridges are being replaced