2019 Airport Development Projects
The Albany County Airport Authority is in the process of inititiating or completing several important projects during 2019, each of which will help to sustain and improve the Airport.
- Construction is underway on a new, five-story 1,000 car parking garage. Construction is scheduled to be completed in March of 2020
- New solar panels will be installed over a portion of Long Term Parking to reduce the Airport's energy costs and provide cover for vehicles
- New York State is currently xompleting the construction of the new Airport Exit 3 off I-87.
- New concessions are coming to Albany International Airport. In addition to the recently opened Chick-fil-A, The Albany Empire Deli and Burger King.Wollfgang Puck Pizza will open in November of 2019
- New escalators are now operational in the ticketing area and under construction in the existing parking garage.
- The terminal is now under major renovation with new lighting, a remodeled food court and improved passenger amenities.
- Energy efficient taxiway lighting is being installed along the Airport's main taxiways
- Several of our passenger jet-bridges are being replaced